PER- AND POLYFLUOROALKYL SUBSTANCES (PFAS) TESTING
PFAS are a large group of complex manufactured chemicals that have been used in a variety of industries around the globe since the 1940s. Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) and perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) were the most widely manufactured and are still present in the environment. PFAS chemicals keep food from sticking to cookware, make clothes and carpets resistant to stains, and create firefighting foam that is more effective. PFAS are used in industries such as aerospace, automotive, construction, electronics, and military.
PFAS molecules are made up of a chain of linked carbon and fluorine atoms. Because the carbon-fluorine bond is one of the strongest, these chemicals do not degrade in the environment. Because of their extensive use and their persistence in the environment, many PFAS are found all over the world and are present at low levels in a variety of food products and in the environment.
McCampbell Analytical (MAI) has completed a full validation package with the use of ultra sensitive LC-MS-MS equipment to provide low reporting limits and maintain proper chemical resolution in over 40+ PFAS compounds for soil and groundwater and 18 compounds for drinking water.
Types of Samples Tested
- Drinking Water, Wastewater, Groundwater, Soil, and Sediments
- Ultra Low Reporting Limits by LC-MS-MS
- 10 Day Standard Turnaround Time
- 5 DayRush Turnaround Time Availability
- Competitively Priced
- DoD and ISO 17025:2017 Certified
- CA ELAP Certified
- Fully Validated Method Including Proficiency Testing
- Drinking Water - EPA Method 537.1 under ISO 17025:2017
- Groundwater and Soil - DoD QSM 5.3 under ISO 17025:2017
- Drinking Water, Groundwater, and Soil under CA ELAP
McCampbell Analytical (MAI) has completed a full validation package with the use of ultra sensitive LC-MS-MS equipment to provide low reporting limits and maintain proper chemical resolution in over 20+ PFAS compounds for soil and groundwater and 14 compounds for drinking water.